We are 45 RPM all of the time with passion!

We are Kent and Nathan. The Czars of 45 RPM. We are 45 RPM all of the time with passion. We spotlight 45 RPM records of various genres and tips for improving playback of your collection and our goal is to have fun! We especially love rare Soul, R&B, Garage, Psych, classic rock and more. Welcome to our world!

Friday, May 2, 2014

The blog is back!

Hi and some new posts. I am back. My grandmother, Nancy G. Latham died on October 31, 2013. She was 92 years old. A fine woman who taught me my love for music. She was patient about my incessant love for fine records and music. And in spirit, she wished me to continue what I do. So without adieu, this post and every post which follows is a tribute to Nancy.


Today's post is a great 45 from a superb Soul singer by the name of Mickey Murray who made several great records for Nashville's Shelby Singleton and his fine record label, SSS International. Today's 45 entry covers my favorite 1968 45 single of his, his superb cover of Otis Redding's "Shout Bamalama". And on that funky note, I now have a proper scanner. So here is a beautiful image of that pressing. This replaces a well worn ex-jukebox copy I scored in Knoxville, Tennessee with a nicer copy scored at the last Record Show in the same city.



So, please enjoy. I plan on again making this blog a regular part of my life. Nathan and I are happy to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment